A wax melt is fragrance wax melted into a tart warmer. Soy wax melts home fragrance is convenient and super easy to use. Place wax pieces into your tart warmer and after a few minutes, the fragrance will permeate your room. There’s no wick so that means no soot and no open flame. It’s a very safe option to use in places that you wouldn’t want to leave a burning candle unattended.
What is soy wax melts?
Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. After harvesting, the beans are cleaned, cracked, de-hulled, and rolled into flakes. The oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated.
The hydrogenation process converts some of the fatty acids in the oil from unsaturated to saturated. This process dramatically alters the melting point of the oil, making it a solid at room temperature. The leftover bean husks are commonly used as animal feed.
The U.S. grows the vast majority of the world’s soybeans, primarily in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. Source: https://www.candlescience.com/learning/what-is-soy-wax
Why use soy wax?
- It burns cleaner as it contains no toxins, carcinogens, or pollutants which means it’s less likely to trigger allergies.
- It lasts longer. Soy wax burns cooler which means that you can enjoy your soy wax melt for generally 30-50% longer than paraffin wax.
- It’s biodegradable and water-soluble. Our melts are made out of soybeans, they are naturally biodegradable which makes accidental spills easier to clean.
- We only use high-quality fragrances to give a stronger scent throw.
- We have various fragrances to choose from.