After a long hiatus, our cold process soaps are back! Introducing 4 new soap bars:
Benefits of cold process soap:
- Our cold process soaps are made with all-natural ingredients such as essential oils, plant oils and Shea butters that are blended together to create a rich lathering soap that moisturizes the skin. Unlike other soap types, cold process soap penetrate into the skin to nourish and help minimize dry itchy skin.
- Natural ingredients can be lost through the heating process in hot process soap techniques; the cold process method ensures these natural ingredients are better preserved.
- Natural essential oils, like lavender and jasmine, or fragrance oils are added to cold process soaps because they take a number of weeks to fully cure and the scent intensifies over time.
- Cold process soaps are colorful and can be made with a level of artistry with many soaps decorated with swirls, layers of color and all sorts of interesting designs. Some are mixed with natural ingredients for texture while others have a top layer of herbs for an artistic final touch.
Our new fragrance Rose Quartz is inspired by the beautiful gem also known as the “love stone.” It is a pink quartz crystal that is commonly found in Brazil and Madagascar. With the color and locale in mind, our Rose Quartz fragrance has a traditional rose scent followed by notes of fresh rose petals, orange zest, grapefruit and light jasmine. Soft sandalwood and musk mellow out this crisp rose scent.
Available Products for Rose Quartz:
Introducing: Dead Sea Salt Soak
Dead Sea salts contain many minerals and nutrients that are beneficial for the skin. Soaking in a tub with Dead Sea salts on a regular basis will result in health promoting benefits.
Sea salts, when combined with warm water, help open up the pores while plumping up the skin just a bit, giving you a healthy and youthful glow. Sea salts also help treat certain skin conditions such as psoriasis. Sea salts can also relieve the pain of arthritis.
Here are some known benefits of Dead Sea salt treatment:
- Decrease Stress – Soaking a in warm bath with the high concentration of health promoting minerals found in the Dead Sea increases your circulation and supports detoxification in your body by removing toxic byproducts.
- Improve Insomnia – From a nutritional perspective, magnesium deficiency can play a role in poor sleep. Taking a bath with magnesium-rich Dead Sea salts allows you to absorb magnesium effectively through your skin and helps support a good night’s sleep.
- Relieve Arthritis Pain – Studies over the last 10 years have demonstrated that treatments with Dead Sea salts dissolved in regular bath water have a positive effect on osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and psoriatic arthritis.
- Improve Psoriasis – Multiple studies have shown that people who suffer from psoriasis improve with 3-4 Dead Sea salt baths each week. In as little as one week, many patients treated with a 10% salt concentration in their baths experienced marked improvement, including relief from itching and skin scaling.
- Heal Eczema – Another study has found that patients with eczema/atopic dermatitis benefited greatly from bathing in a Dead Sea salt solution. Patients with active eczema soaked one arm in a Dead Sea salt solution and their other arm in tap water for 15 minutes a day for 6 weeks. Soaking in the Dead Sea salt solution significantly improved skin barrier function, hydration, and inflammation compared with the tap water-treated side.
A quick pause in our #bestof2017 countdown to share a few outtakes from the Cloisters Castle Holiday Bazaar we attended on Friday evening and Saturday. We met a lot of wonderful new people as well as creative and talented indie artists/vendors that we hope to meet again at future events.
In addition to sharing our products with potential customers, we introduced our brand new cold process soap bars and mini soap bars to the public for the very first time! The new listings will be up on the website this upcoming week.
Spending more time out in the community has always been a challenge for us due to Tyra’s work schedule but she plans to make it a priority in 2018.
As a natural antiseptic, carrots will help make your skin feeling fresh and healthy. It contains vitamins A which is an antioxidant. It also contains vitamin K and antioxidants that will protect skin by limiting the production of free radicals, which can damage skin cells. It can do a lot for the health and appearance of your skin, including reducing the signs of aging.
This product is made with carrot seed oil which is high in antioxidants, it’s a natural for any anti-aging skin formula. These components can help protect your skin from environmental stressors and has the ability to rejuvenate the look and feel of your skin.Carrot seed oil a great anti-aging ingredient that will help firm and tone your look.
If you have dry or oily skin, you don’t have to worry—like many natural oils, carrot seed oil has the ability to balance both! It gives skin just enough moisture without clogging pores, making it perfect for all skin types.
Pumpkin Enzyme Face Mask is the perfect super food for your skin. Packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids, this Glycolic mask will increase the skin cell turnover rate while giving your skin a smooth and firm appearance. Pumpkin is rich in important essential vitamins and nutrients necessary for healthy and radiant skin.
The benefits of using a pumpkin puree for skincare includes:
- Rich in Vitamins: Pumpkin is excellent for use on all skin types, but especially if your skin is damaged from overexposure to the sun. Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A, which soothes and softens your skin, and vitamin C, an antioxidant, that can help to remedy damage produced by free radicals. A pumpkin facial mask will nourish your skin and promote the absorption of these nutrients.
- Dissolves Dry Skin: Skin care products containing pumpkin such as exfoliators and moisturizers can be used on all skin types to help remove old surface skin cells and promote new cell production. Moreover pumpkin contains natural enzymes that help to dissolve dry skin cells.
- Anti-Acne: Pumpkin contains the acne fighting vitamins E. Pumpkin anti-acne masks promote healthier skin by fighting inflammation, reducing pore size, controlling excess oil and preventing the appearance of pimples, blackheads and blemishes.
Eczema/Atopic Dermatitis Healing Salve was formulated for eczema, dermatitis and psoriasis sufferers that would benefit from a mix of natural ingredients to instantly soothe irritated skin as a result of itching and scratching.
The skin soothing and healing properties of this salve includes:
- Shea butter – From the fruit of the karite tree, shea butter works to prevent moisture loss from the skin.
- Coconut oil – A natural emollient, its natural antioxidant properties make it great for stopping wrinkles and skin irritation.
- Cacao butter – Extracted from the seed kernels, it is known to reduce dryness of the skin and improve elasticity.
- Vitamin E – A naturally-derived ingredient with anti-oxidant properties, helping to reduce skin inflammation or irritation.
- Avocado oil – Pressed from the fleshy portion of the avocado fruit, it is a great emollient with skin soothing properties. Rich in proteins, fatty acids and vitamins A, B1, B2, B5, Vitamin D, E.
- Jojoba oil – Rich in Vitamin E and has a high fatty acid content, it is easily absorbed & revered for its restorative properties, especially on dry, damaged or mature skin.
- Helichrysum Italicum oil – Known for its therapeutic properties that are effective on all types of skin blemishes. Use it to reduce the appearance of scars and wrinkles, or other skin blemishes on the face or body.
We have created a new lip stain made from alkanet root, beet root and a touch of Hibiscus flower to give a natural pink shade for pale and darker toned lips. We also added Shea butter to add moisture and a mix of natural oils to keep your lips feeling healthy and smooth.
Avocado Matcha Green Tea Facial Night Cream is formulated for extremely dry, cracked, and mature winter skin that loses its moisture balance and elasticity during the winter months.
The active ingredients in this night cream includes matcha green tea butter and avocado oil. With high content of antioxidants matcha applied topically helps care for the skin. It is known to protect against skin blemishes. Helps prevent and repair UV sun damage as well as reduces scarring, acne and redness. Avocado oil is a very effective moisturizer. It’s easily absorbed by the skin and forms a protective barrier which prevents water loss; therefore, it’s a good choice for people who are suffering from dry skin.
Radiant Glow Face Serum with Hyaluronic Acid and Vitamin C & B3 is a super light serum that is recommended for normal, oily, dry, combination, sensitive, rosacea, and aging skin. Light enough to wear under makeup and perfect for summer wear.
Hyaluronic acid is a lubricating, clear substance that’s produced by the body naturally. In the human body, hyaluronic acid is found in the greatest concentrations in the skin, inside joints, within the eye sockets and in other tissues where it helps retain collagen, increase moisture, and provide elasticity and flexibility.
Hyaluronic acid will replenish moisture that is crucial to having younger-looking, supple skin. At the same time, it revitalizes skin’s outer layers so they look and feel softer, smoother, and, glowingly hydrated to instantly improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
Vitamin C and B3
Known as a natural brightener, Vitamin C is a topical antioxidant that’s been proven to be highly effective at inhibiting free radicals that cause wrinkles, sagging and general aging.
Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) is a hydrator and redness-reducer, perfect for anyone who has rosacea or dry, sensitive skin. It is an amazing multi tasker with several benefits for your skin. It helps reduce wrinkles, reduce uneven skin tone, help heal acne and reduce hyperpigmentation.
Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. After harvesting, the beans are cleaned, cracked, de-hulled, and rolled into flakes. The oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated.
The hydrogenation process converts some of the fatty acids in the oil from unsaturated to saturated. This process dramatically alters the melting point of the oil, making it a solid at room temperature. The leftover bean husks are commonly used as animal feed.
The U.S. grows the vast majority of the world’s soy beans, primarily in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. (Source: https://www.candlescience.com/learning/what-is-soy-wax)
Why we use soy wax?
- It burns cleaner as it contains no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means it’s less likely to trigger allergies.
- It lasts longer. Soy wax burns cooler which means that you can enjoy your soy wax melt for generally 30-50% longer than a paraffin wax.
- It’s biodegradable and water soluble. Our melts are made out of soybeans, they are naturally biodegradable which makes accidental spills easier to clean.
- We only use high quality fragrances to give a stronger scent throw.
- We have 27 fragrances to choose from.
Available to buy at our website: https://belleandblaire.com/product-category/soy-wax-melts/. Or on Etsy: http://etsy.me/2u3NPX2.
Evening Primrose Cold Cream Face Balm is made with 100% natural ingredients and it is one of the most natural ways to gently cleanse mature and dehydrated skin.
Evening primrose oil contains anti-aging properties that has ultra-moisturizing benefits that can help keep the skin supple, smooth and soft. It also has vitamins and other nutrients that help maintain the normal function of skin to prevent premature aging.
Evening primrose oil also has strong antioxidant properties that help prevent free radical damage on the skin, which in turn helps prevent the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
Although one of the benefits of Evening Primrose oil is to treat acne, it is not recommended to use this product as it contains Rosehip oil which will aggravate acne-prone skin. Conversely, this product is recommended as a cleanser for anyone with acne-free skin.
Formulated to give your skin the most optimum results possible. Our Moonstone Blue Tansy Face Balm is made with primary ingredients of Shea butter, fractionated coconut oil, squalane oil, kukui nut oil, candelilla wax, organic blue tansy leaf oil, jasmine absolute, geranium and rose essential oil to help heal a range of skincare ailments such as burns, blisters, acne, boils, dermatitis, eczema and rashes. It also provides anti-inflammatory, analgesic, anti-histamine, sedative and anti-microbial health benefits.
India’s Secret Turmeric Brightening Facial Mask is made with 100% pure natural plant ingredients and is recommended for skin that is oily, acne prone and for lightening age spots. The natural ingredients will give your skin a clear and youthful glow.
Turmeric is a natural healer that contains more than 300 antioxidants and comes with a range of healthy benefits for the skin. It is a inexpensive and natural way of treating several skin problems and achieving flawless skin. Turmeric formulated with Besan powder, coconut milk and lemon essential oil will promote skin brightening. Other Turmeric benefits include:
- Treatment for Acne
- Correction of Oily Skin
- Treatment Chronic Skin Conditions
- An Anti-Aging Treatment
- Sun Damage Protection
How To Use
Use the mask in the morning or at night. Apply once a day, 2 to 3 times a week.
- Mix a teaspoon amount of the mask with at least a half teaspoon amount of purified water.
- Massage onto your face using circular motions and then leave the mask on the face for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- Pat dry and follow up with an appropriate moisturizer for your skin type.
Helichrysum & Tamanu Wound Healing Salve is an all-natural and vegan skin salve that is formulated to speed the natural healing of cuts, scratches and burns. This natural wound healing salve will work to prevent scarring after trauma to the skin.
Helichrysum oil is a type of essential oil commonly used in aromatherapy. Sourced from a plant in the sunflower family, helichrysum essential oil is touted for its healing effects. Helichrysum is known to reduce inflammation, promote the healing of wounds and burns, stimulate digestion, promote detox, boost the immune system, reverse signs of aging in the skin, and fight fungal infections.
The real healing power of Tamanu oil, a traditional topical oil, has a unique ability to promote the formation of new tissue, thereby accelerating wound healing and the growth of healthy skin (anti-aging).