Soy wax is a vegetable wax made from the oil of soybeans. After harvesting, the beans are cleaned, cracked, de-hulled, and rolled into flakes. The oil is then extracted from the flakes and hydrogenated.
The hydrogenation process converts some of the fatty acids in the oil from unsaturated to saturated. This process dramatically alters the melting point of the oil, making it a solid at room temperature. The leftover bean husks are commonly used as animal feed.
The U.S. grows the vast majority of the world’s soy beans, primarily in Illinois, Iowa, and Indiana. (Source: https://www.candlescience.com/learning/what-is-soy-wax)
Why we use soy wax?
- It burns cleaner as it contains no toxins, carcinogens or pollutants which means it’s less likely to trigger allergies.
- It lasts longer. Soy wax burns cooler which means that you can enjoy your soy wax melt for generally 30-50% longer than a paraffin wax.
- It’s biodegradable and water soluble. Our melts are made out of soybeans, they are naturally biodegradable which makes accidental spills easier to clean.
- We only use high quality fragrances to give a stronger scent throw.
- We have 27 fragrances to choose from.
Available to buy at our website: http://belleandblaire.com/product-category/soy-wax-melts/. Or on Etsy: http://etsy.me/2u3NPX2.